The Managing Director Business Development OEM Partnerships responsibilities include focused business development and project management of incremental Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) distribution relationships. This role is a management role requiring significant experience and the ability to take direction and interpret vision of the EVP Distribution to formulate strategies, prepare complex analysis, project manage all phases of new OEM distribution relationship development, and carry out the strategy as part of a team.
· Project management of all aspects of the OEM facing distribution business development process including:
o establishing initial contact with new prospective OEMs
o tracking all OEM business development business development activity and reporting progress to EVP – Distribution
o track competitor distribution relationships including contract expiration dates
o giving a corporate presentation to new prospective OEMs
o execution of a 2-way Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA)
o obtaining OEM point of sales data
o market research
o financial modeling of prospective distribution agreements
o responding to OEM Requests for Information (RFI) and/or Requests for Proposal (RFP)
o Distribution Contract Negotiation
o Initial Provisioning planning
o Expansion of new OEM Distribution Relationships into long term partnerships
o Becoming the initial Subject Matter Expert (SME) on new product lines to facilitate sales team training on new products and details of new distribution relationships.
· Extensive domestic and some international travel to prospective OEM sites, trade shows and conferences is required and will be 50-60%.
· Inventory Management: Assure program/general inventory is supported, i.e. monitor distribution purchase commitments with new OEM partnerships
· Coordinate/monitor monthly sales reports to be forwarded to Principal Base within a pre-determined time frame; assist in quarterly reviews
· Work with internal Sales/OEM’s to assure product support, pricing issues and technical questions are satisfied in accordance with customer requests.
· Monitor inventory reports to assure sales and margin objectives are secured.
· Maintain knowledge of competition/marketplace trends
· Responsible to satisfy customer sales issues/problems that may develop.
· Other duties as required or assigned
This position may ultimately supervises others, but no direct reports initially.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the prior education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Business and/or Engineering required and a Master’s of Business Administration degree (MBA) desired; and 10-15 years of Aerospace Experience with at least 5 years of direct OEM Distribution experience specifically in an OEM facing Business Development capacity with a demonstrated successful track record of closing deals with new OEMs. The successful candidate will have a strong grasp on various large commercial, regional and business aircraft types and their corresponding engines and systems, and a good understanding of the major commercial aerospace OEMs and their principal product lines.