This outstanding opportunity is part of the Autonomous Systems Division’s Flight Electronics Group which crafted the electronics for the latest Mars rover and helicopter (Perseverance & Ingenuity). Come join a team that proved flying on Mars is possible.
As an Electronics Engineer V for the Flight Electronics Group, you will be leading the Avionics design teams in digital circuit design best practices and optimizing our digital workflow.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Generate circuit requirements
- Create circuit design specification
- Design and develop custom analog/digital circuits for advanced avionics
- Lead design reviews
- Generate/review design analysis (WCA, EPSA, FMECA)
- Schematic capture.
- Provide board layout guidelines
- Perform board signal integrity and power integrity analyses
- Review test procedures for correctness and completeness
- Review all test results against V&V (verification and validation) matrices for correctness and completeness
- Support test team to complete board tests
- Mentor engineers
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field and 12+ years of related experience; a Master’s degree in similar fields and 10+ years of related experience; or a PhD in similar fields and 8+ years related experience.
Required Skills :
- 8+ years of experience of high-speed digital circuit design
- 8+ years of experience with Altium Designer, Siemens Xpedition, or other ECAD tools for the design of digital/analog circuits
- 5+ years of experience with electronic assembly fabrication and manufacturing processes
Desired Skills :
- Experience implementing a digital workflow targeting multi-domain systems design, verification, and manufacturing
- Experience with developing military or space qualified electronics
- Familiarity with IPC or electronics development related military/aerospace standards
- Extensive understanding and application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in hardware development from top-level requirements, design, implementation, and test
- Experience with performing signal and power integrity analyses using Siemens Hyperlynx tool suite
- Working knowledge of applicable industry and/or JPL practices and standards such as engineering drawing practices and electronic packaging design and fabrication